- September 2017 - Current: Ph.D. Student at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, dept. of Information
Science and Engineering, KTH Royal Institute of Technology -
Dependable networking for cyberphysical systems.
- Current research is focused on the integration of edge computing technologies into critical control systems (for instance,
for autonomous driving) and cyberphysical environments.
- Doctoral advisor:
James Gross, Ph.D.
- Currently also collaborating in research with the CS Department at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, as a
- Civil Engineering degree, Computer Science, Universidad de Chile, in Santiago, Chile -
- Thesis topic:
Design and Implementation of an Integrated Framework for Simulating Intelligent Transportation Systems in OMNeT++ and
- Graduated on August 16, 2017 with maximum distinction.
- Former exchange student at the CSC in KTH - Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden -
Research and Publications
- (Submitted, under review) M. Olguín, J. Wang, M. Satyanarayanan, J. Gross,
Scaling on the Edge: A Benchmarking Suite for Human-in-the-Loop Applications,
ACM/IEEE Symposium on Edge Computing, 2018.
- (Submitted, under review) M. Olguín, C. E. Cortés, S. Céspedes, J. Bustos,
An Integrated Framework for IVC Simulation under Realistic Interconnected Transport Environments,
Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 2018.
- M. Olguín,
Diseño e Implementación de un Framework Integrado para Simulaciones de Sistemas Inteligentes de Transporte en OMNeT
++ y Paramics,
civil engineering degree thesis, 2017.
- (Aug 2015 - June 2017) Software Developer and Researcher at NIC Chile Research Laboratories -
- Research: thesis on Integrating a Wireless Network Simulator (Omnet++) and a Traffic Simulator (Quadstone Paramics)
for ITS Applications, under the guidance of
Prof. Sandra Céspedes
- (Previous) Designed, implemented and deployed a backend microservice for image management in client-server applications
for Android devices.
- (Previous) Design of an early-warning system for bikes in an Intelligent Transport System also under the guidance of
Prof. Sandra Céspedes
- (Aug 2013 - June 2017) Teaching Assistant:
- (January 2016) Teaching Assistant at the 2016 Stanford Honors Academy -
- Beauchef International Community, former member of student board -
- DEPACHI, developer and founding member -
- Pedalea! Beauchef, bike mechanic and mountainbiker -
- Beauchef En Movimiento, salsa and bachata danser, member of student board -
- Social Dance @ KI -
Social Dance @ KI
Hobbies and Interests
- Sports: Amateur powerlifter. Also a 1st dan black belt in ATA Taekwondo (although I haven't officially trained in some
- Dancing: cuban salsa, bachata.
- Electronics and hacking in general. Linux enthusiast.
- I have an unnatural passion for clicky keyboards... (shameless plug:
- I play Magic The Gathering on a semi-serious FNM level, and I always play Control.